It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution of SHARED resource RFT script hangs!

Anthony Randolph (4113) | asked Jun 22 '11, 4:37 p.m.
I have a Installed RQM 3.0.1 and integrated it with RFT 8.2.0.1. When I run the script from RQM using the adapter on the machine the following commands are shown in the Adapter's console and the script executes as expected:

11:28:05:619 AM Execution request:
C:\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test \workspace\Prototype\db2automationDS\db2automation.Script1 received
11:28:05:635 AM Executing RFT command "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe" -Drqm.mode=true -Drqm.task="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RQMRFTTask4319176039954593140.xml" -jar "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\bin\rational_ft.jar" -datastore "C:\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test\workspace\Prototype\db2automationDS" -rt.log_format xml -iterationcount -1 -rt.bring_up_logviewer false -execmode rqm -playback db2automation.Script1
11:28:11:838 AM Execution of script db2automation.Script1 done

However when I try to run the exact same script from a shared resource which I successfully tested the connectivity, the script does not run, it just hangs on the following request.

Adapter's console:

11:29:56:682 AM Execution request: \\svl-acrandpad\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test\workspace\Prototype\db2automationDS\db2automation\Script1.testsuite received

So as you can see the Executing RFT command was never sent to the Adapter console. Only the Execution request Anyone have an idea what might cause this and how I can troubleshoot this issue?

Note: I had a similar issue with RQM 2.0 and was able to resolve it by insuring that the SHARED resource was accessible to RQM without having to have a password and I have tried that same thing here, without any success. At this point I am hoping that there is a log or some way of troubleshooting this issue to see why RQM is hanging on this request.

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jun 23 '11, 6:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe the issue is with how you defined your shared resource location. The shared resource location should be the path to the RFT workspace. So the directories that are under the location you specified in the shared resource location, should be project folders. Given the path you provided:

\\svl-acrandpad\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test\workspace\Prototype\db2automationDS\db2automation\Script1.testsuite

Assume your workspace directory is "workspace" and your RFT project is "Prototype", then your shared resource location should be:

\\svl-acrandpad\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test\workspace\

It shouldn't be the directory "Regression_Test" or the project folder "Prototype" but must be the workspace directory.

You'll need to modify your shared resource location, then in the RQM UI you'll need to edit this script and do the browser button for the shared resource location to reselect the script.

The "Relative Script Path" seen in RQM UI script editor should start with your project folder. If it starts with any other folder, then I believe it will cause the behavior you described.

Let me know if this helps.

permanent link
Anthony Randolph (4113) | answered Jul 07 '11, 4:23 p.m.
I believe the issue is with how you defined your shared resource location. The shared resource location should be the path to the RFT workspace. So the directories that are under the location you specified in the shared resource location, should be project folders. Given the path you provided:

\\svl-acrandpad\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test\workspace\Prototype\db2automationDS\db2automation\Script1.testsuite

Assume your workspace directory is "workspace" and your RFT project is "Prototype", then your shared resource location should be:

\\svl-acrandpad\DB2TOOLS\Regression_Test\workspace\

It shouldn't be the directory "Regression_Test" or the project folder "Prototype" but must be the workspace directory.

You'll need to modify your shared resource location, then in the RQM UI you'll need to edit this script and do the browser button for the shared resource location to reselect the script.

The "Relative Script Path" seen in RQM UI script editor should start with your project folder. If it starts with any other folder, then I believe it will cause the behavior you described.

Let me know if this helps.

"I believe the issue is with how you defined your shared resource location. The shared resource location should be the path to the RFT workspace. "

Thanks for this information it was the issue.

Is this documented anywhere?

It would be good to document because in RQM 2.x this use to work. I could set my SHARED resource at a high-level parent folder and it would run my scripts as long as there was no password required to access the shared directory. This means I would have to create a shared resource for every RFT project If I wanted to uses it as a shred resource. Also if this is the desired/planned behavior then maybe the Test of the SHARED resource should not pass unless there is a valid RFT project located within the shared. Just a thought.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.