It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem sending mails from RTC after configuring teamserver

Hema Sudarshan (4143) | asked Jun 22 '11, 5:59 a.m.
Hi
I configured the teamserver.properties to send mails. But when i create user, where team invitation needs to be send. It fails to send mails saying.
NoSuchProviderException:smtp.
Please help me. This was working before.

3 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jun 22 '11, 10:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry you are having trouble; I hope I can help with a few more details about your setup. Specifically, can you send a screenshot of the 'E-mail Settings' page from the admin web UI? Also, can you paste a stacktrace of the full error, not just the error message?

permanent link
Hema Sudarshan (4143) | answered Jun 22 '11, 11:37 a.m.
Sorry you are having trouble; I hope I can help with a few more details about your setup. Specifically, can you send a screenshot of the 'E-mail Settings' page from the admin web UI? Also, can you paste a stacktrace of the full error, not just the error message?

hi,
Configuration i gave was as follows
com.ibm.team.repository.notification.mail.enabled=true
com.ibm.team.repository.notification.mail.from_name=jazzdev@us.ibm.com
com.ibm.team.repository.notification.mail.from=jazzdev@us.ibm.com
com.ibm.team.repository.notification.mail.smtp.server=relay.us.ibm.com
com.ibm.team.repository.notification.mail.reply=noreply-jazzdev@us.ibm.com

I get following error when i run https://localhost:9443/jazz/setup on email configuration.

The configuration test resulted in warnings. Resolve warnings to continue.Hide Details
The SMTP provider could not be created: smtp

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jun 23 '11, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't see anything obviously wrong with your setup, and the error message you are seeing is uncommon. I've never seen that error before. After looking at the code, it appears that your Java VM is different than expected, or misconfigured.

Can you describe a bit more about the way your server is setup? Are you using Tomcat server that we package? Are you trying to run the server as a Windows service?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.