It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

daily graph of total vs resolved work items

Baris Erdemir (1812819) | asked Jun 13 '11, 4:16 p.m.
Hi,
I have a custom work item having attributes: severity, package(custom enumeration), owner

I would like to create a report of work items, a graph whose data is:

total and resolved work items on time for spesific severity, package and group of owners.

If possible, I would like a graph of the data,
y1 = total work items,
y2 = resolved work items,
x = time(days)

Is there an easy way to take this report daily from RTC?
Thanks

One answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 14 '11, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I have a custom work item having attributes: severity, package(custom enumeration), owner

I would like to create a report of work items, a graph whose data is:

total and resolved work items on time for spesific severity, package and group of owners.

If possible, I would like a graph of the data,
y1 = total work items,
y2 = resolved work items,
x = time(days)

Is there an easy way to take this report daily from RTC?
Thanks

Hi,

Yes, it's certainly possible to create such a report. First of all, you should realize you'll need to create this report using the BIRT tooling. We have a page in our wiki describing how to install BIRT into your RTC client, and how to create and deploy a simple report:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCreatingANewReport20

I'm assuming you're on 2.x; if not, here's the corresponding page for 3.0, which is largely the same:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCreatingANewReport30

Next, here's some documentation our data model:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20

With respect to your particular need, you'll want to create a data source on the "WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT". If we ignore the custom attribute for a moment, you'll want the WORKITEM_STATES table to plot a graph over time. WI_COUNT will give you the Y axis (number of work items) and the time field you can plot on the X axis. BIRT lets you have dual Y axes, which you can select on the first page of the chart dialog.

Without data set parameters and report parameters, however, this report will simply show all of the work items in the system, which isn't what you want. Sounds like you need three report parameters (severity, package and owner), which then get bound to the data set. This acts as a filter on the data that gets returned by the data set.

As far as taking this report daily, simply run it, and it will give you the latest results whenever you like. You can also export it to PDF if you want to keep a copy.

Feel free to post follow-up questions in this thread if you need some guidance as you get going.

Hope this helps.

James
RTC Reports Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.