How do I install RTC on a (remote) server?
server platform: Debian squeeze
My tries at installing RTC stops with
launchpad.sh complaining about missing a browser.
(And that on a server?)
I tried different downloads from jazz.net,
but I can't find a (real) server install.
Anyone maintaining a .deb repository?
Why not just deploy RTC as WAR files?
/hanz
My tries at installing RTC stops with
launchpad.sh complaining about missing a browser.
(And that on a server?)
I tried different downloads from jazz.net,
but I can't find a (real) server install.
Anyone maintaining a .deb repository?
Why not just deploy RTC as WAR files?
/hanz
One answer
Hi Hans,
you can either run an X-Server somewhere, redirect the xdisplay to that machine and run a browser, or you can run a silent install. I believe thisis even possible from a web install file. If you unzip the download search for silent install. There are several help topics around it for example:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_plan_before_deploy.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_command-line_installation.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/r_im_silent.html
Thanks,
Ralph
you can either run an X-Server somewhere, redirect the xdisplay to that machine and run a browser, or you can run a silent install. I believe thisis even possible from a web install file. If you unzip the download search for silent install. There are several help topics around it for example:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_plan_before_deploy.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_command-line_installation.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/r_im_silent.html
Thanks,
Ralph
server platform: Debian squeeze
My tries at installing RTC stops with
launchpad.sh complaining about missing a browser.
(And that on a server?)
I tried different downloads from jazz.net,
but I can't find a (real) server install.
Anyone maintaining a .deb repository?
Why not just deploy RTC as WAR files?
/hanz