It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution of script/program when work item is updated

Steve Hall (622) | asked Jun 03 '11, 5:04 a.m.
Hi all,

Our company has recently started using Team Concert and I've been asked to do some investigation into integrating it with other software that we use.

I've had a look through the SDKs and I know that we can use the REST web service to update work items automatically, but I'm trying to find out if RTC can be configured to execute a script or program when a work item is updated by a user?

The end result that we're aiming for is for a SQL server database to be updated whenever certain work items are closed, is this possible?

Thanks a lot

3 answers

permanent link
Simon Fisher (1631710) | answered Jun 03 '11, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

It sounds like what you need is the ItemConnector Framework. This helps you build a synchronization between a third party tool (i.e. database) and team concert. Take a look at this wiki topic for more information:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ItemConnectorCreation

Simon

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 03 '11, 10:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Item Connector Framework is designed to support bi-directional synchronization between an RTC repository and an external system. If all you want is essentially notification of work item updates, it might be overkill (i.e. complicated) to use the connector framework. Instead, you might want to consider server extensions called "followup actions". See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/PreconditionFollowupCreation for information on how to create them.

permanent link
Steve Hall (622) | answered Jun 03 '11, 11:38 a.m.
Thanks guys, both of the links provided look promising (we're not 100% on the requirements yet so it could go either way).

Cheers for your help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.