It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Compare options in Pending Changes view

Rajagopal Subhash (1226) | asked Apr 24 '15, 12:41 a.m.
Hello,
        Can I get any page which explains all the compare use cases which are provided in the Pending Changes View?
As the view contains 3 folder
      Unresolved
      Incoming
      Outgoing.
I would like to know when I compare which two files are taken for comparing.( from stream or from workspace).
The situation gets complex when the same file is present more than one change sets in the incoming folder and Outgoing folders.

Regards,
Rajagopal

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 24 '15, 4:38 a.m.
I don't find any document to explain specifically which change sets get compared in Pending Changes view.

Below is my testing result when the same file is present in Incoming, Outgoing and Unresolved folder:
- double click the file in Unresolved, the left side of Comparing tool is the content in your local sandbox, the right side is the latest change set in the workspace.
- double click the file in a completed change set of Outgoing folder, the left side shows the content you modified in the outgoing change set; the right side shows the content of the predecessor change set.
- double click the file in an active change set of the Outgoing folder, the left side is the content in your local sandbox, the right side shows the content of the predecessor change set.
- double click the file in a change set of Incoming folder, the left side shows the content in the incoming change set; the right side shows the content of the predecessor change set of the incoming change set.

To find the change set's predecessor change set, you can right-click the file in Pending Changes view and select "Show history". Open the file's history in Outgoing show its history in the workspace. Open the file's history in Incoming show its history on the stream.

Hope the information is helpful.
Rajagopal Subhash selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rajagopal Subhash commented Apr 25 '15, 6:32 a.m.

Hi Lily,
 Thanks for all the information.
 Even I did a round of testing and I got the exact same result. Thanks for all the trouble.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.