It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tips on importing from a Word test script to RQM

Matt Beaty (811615) | asked May 26 '11, 2:50 p.m.
I am attempting to import a lot of test scripts into RQM and they each have 4 columns:Description, Input, Expected Result and Tester Comments. I can easily import the Description, Exp. Results and Tester Comments columns, but need to find a new place or create a new column for the Input. The input usually has a space for the tester to write down which variable they used. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 27 '11, 7:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am attempting to import a lot of test scripts into RQM and they each have 4 columns:Description, Input, Expected Result and Tester Comments. I can easily import the Description, Exp. Results and Tester Comments columns, but need to find a new place or create a new column for the Input. The input usually has a space for the tester to write down which variable they used. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

I would suggest creating a testscript.step for each input/expected result pairing with the input mapped to testscript.step.description (see http://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-2.0/api-files/schemas/testscript_xsd/elements/step.html#r8).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.