It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade RTC 3.0 to iFix1

Shai Shapira (4674) | asked May 17 '11, 7:39 a.m.
I am trying to upgrade my RTC3.0 (on db2) to 3.0iFix1
I have RQM 2.0.1 and RRC connected as friends and with linked objects.

The documentation i see for upgrade only refers to upgrading from RTC 2.x to 3.0
It deals with various runs of repotools, migrating and merging the various xml files, and creating a separate install for RTC, and convert/migrate all configuration files.

This should not be relevant for the upgrade I am considering, since all files should already be in the right format, and should not require a migration/conversion.
So, I went on, and upgraded the server using IM, applying the iFix.
Then, I copied over the teamserver.properties, and the changes made in the server.xml.
Currently, JTS loads, but I have numerous problems.
RTC application does not load (stuck on Loading...)
JTS appears ok. My personal dashboard loads, but any link to go to the CCM app fails.
My friends appear in the consumer/friends section of the JTS as trusted, but nothing seem to be working.

Is there a process for upgrading RTC3.0 to RTC3.0iFix1 ?
Thanks a lot.

One answer

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered May 18 '11, 4:06 a.m.
I am trying to upgrade my RTC3.0 (on db2) to 3.0iFix1
I have RQM 2.0.1 and RRC connected as friends and with linked objects.

The documentation i see for upgrade only refers to upgrading from RTC 2.x to 3.0
It deals with various runs of repotools, migrating and merging the various xml files, and creating a separate install for RTC, and convert/migrate all configuration files.

This should not be relevant for the upgrade I am considering, since all files should already be in the right format, and should not require a migration/conversion.
So, I went on, and upgraded the server using IM, applying the iFix.
Then, I copied over the teamserver.properties, and the changes made in the server.xml.
Currently, JTS loads, but I have numerous problems.
RTC application does not load (stuck on Loading...)
JTS appears ok. My personal dashboard loads, but any link to go to the CCM app fails.
My friends appear in the consumer/friends section of the JTS as trusted, but nothing seem to be working.

Is there a process for upgrading RTC3.0 to RTC3.0iFix1 ?
Thanks a lot.

Hi shaishap,

I did these steps for upgrading RTC3.0 to RTC3.0iFix1 and succeeded:

1. Update RTC 3.0 in installation path with RTC3.0iFix1 with IM. Before that, make sure that you backup necessary configuration files: both teamserver.properties (ccm and jts), and if you are using tomcat, and tomcat user registry, backup your tomcat-users.xml file. Also, if you are using LDAP connection for user, backup your server.xml file etc etc...

2. When update of RTC3.0iFix1 is finished,open the ...\jts_30_install_path\server and replace your teamserver.properties for both applications which you backup before. Also, replace tomcat-users.xml with your backup.

3. If you are using websphere application server to run JTS, stop and uninstall *.war applications regarded to version 3.0, then install fresh applications (updated via Update process of RTC3.0iFix1).

4. Start JTS, login and this should work.

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.