It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Track burndown of stories in an epic accross sprints?

Murad Korejo (26199) | asked May 09 '11, 4:36 p.m.
Is it possible to use the existing Burndown report template and modify it to get the burndown of a select group of stories which are all part of the same epic, that have been planned for completion across several different sprints?

In my mind, this is a basic burndown report but rather than highlighting the burdown of all work items in a particular team area, only specific work items (those part of the epic) are displayed in the report.

Is this report easy to create using the existing template? I have tried but perhaps I'm missing something. Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered May 13 '11, 5:15 a.m.
Is it possible to use the existing Burndown report template and modify it to get the burndown of a select group of stories which are all part of the same epic, that have been planned for completion across several different sprints?

In my mind, this is a basic burndown report but rather than highlighting the burdown of all work items in a particular team area, only specific work items (those part of the epic) are displayed in the report.

Is this report easy to create using the existing template? I have tried but perhaps I'm missing something. Thanks!

There are 2 burndown reports - a sprint and a release burdown - perhaps the release burndown can give you what you need - editing the existing reports I find is a bit hard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.