It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"lscm create workspace" fails to find the stream

Ulrich Eckhardt (23612223) | asked May 06 '11, 6:48 a.m.
I'm looking through https://jazz.net/library/article/620, and near the beginning there is
lscm create workspace -r local -s Stream1 Workspace1
. When I execute this here (replacing the names for the repository etc), it fails with
Der durch "stream1" angegebene Datenstrom wurde nicht gefunden.
, which basically means that the stream "stream1" was not found.

What is wrong here? Do you have the same problems with this tutorial?

Uli

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 06 '11, 9:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Uli,

I just tried that with my installation and it works. The strange thing with the error message is that "stream1" does not have a capital S, are you sure that the name of the stream is spelled correctly?

Ralph

I'm looking through https://jazz.net/library/article/620, and near the beginning there is
lscm create workspace -r local -s Stream1 Workspace1
. When I execute this here (replacing the names for the repository etc), it fails with
Der durch "stream1" angegebene Datenstrom wurde nicht gefunden.
, which basically means that the stream "stream1" was not found.

What is wrong here? Do you have the same problems with this tutorial?

Uli

permanent link
Ulrich Eckhardt (23612223) | answered May 09 '11, 5:46 a.m.

I just tried that with my installation and it works. The strange thing with the error message is that "stream1" does not have a capital S, are you sure that the name of the stream is spelled correctly?

I changed both the name for the workspace and that for the stream to lowercase (too lazy to type) when trying. Using the exact same syntax as in the tutorial doesn't change anything, the same problem remains.

What I find strange is that neither the stream was created before nor is it created implicitly, it seems. Also, "lscm create stream" doesn't exist, which again makes me wonder why. Actually, I don't think I fully understand the meaning of the terms workspace and stream in this context...

Just for the record, "lscm version" reports 2.1.0.v20101110_2353. Is that version correct? Otherwise, the RTC IDE reports Version: 3.0 and Build-ID: RTC-I20101112-1731.

Thanks!

Uli

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 09 '11, 6:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Uli,

the version number seems to be OK.

The example assumes the Stream with the given name exists in a project on the server that the user has access to and the creating user does not have a workspace named like the one to create. I assume a typo.

Also I have had issues with pasting text from web pages into a dos shell/cmd, especially with quote characters and sometimes minus. I usually prepare the command lines in an editor first. Not sure if this could be the case here.

scm and lscm don't seem to provide a command to create a stream in 3.0. Usually very few people would want to create a stream, I assume. You could file an enhancement request, if you want.

Thanks,

Ralph

I changed both the name for the workspace and that for the stream to lowercase (too lazy to type) when trying. Using the exact same syntax as in the tutorial doesn't change anything, the same problem remains.

What I find strange is that neither the stream was created before nor is it created implicitly, it seems. Also, "lscm create stream" doesn't exist, which again makes me wonder why. Actually, I don't think I fully understand the meaning of the terms workspace and stream in this context...

Just for the record, "lscm version" reports 2.1.0.v20101110_2353. Is that version correct? Otherwise, the RTC IDE reports Version: 3.0 and Build-ID: RTC-I20101112-1731.

Thanks!

Uli

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered May 10 '11, 6:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Ralph mentioned, the stream needs to be created before you create a workspace that flows to a stream.

Teams or projects own streams that provide a mechanism for sharing change sets (or in general artifacts) between team members. In order to contribute changes to the stream a developer has to create a repository workspace and then load that workspace into the sandbox (local file system).

You can use 'lscm ls stream -r <repoUri>' to list the available streams in that repository.

Thanks!

Uli

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.