It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP Problems

Eric Kolotyluk (12185) | asked Apr 18 '11, 10:35 a.m.
I previously setup Jazz Team Server 3.0.1 M13 and had little trouble setting up the LDAP.

Last Friday I installed RC1. During setup the page for LDAP configuration seemed normal, I entered all the same values from before and tested the connection. The connection was fine, I saved the data, stopped the server, updated all the xml files with the new ones and restarted the server, then finished setup.

Now the system can no longer see stuff in our LDAP server.

Looking at the server console I can see

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_TJBgg4gm0XQ/TaxKJWlMayI/AAAAAAAAAEw/IlwZeg8ur2U/s800/LDAP.png

and in the jts.log I see

2011-04-18 00:59:59,599 [ jts: AsynchronousTaskRunner-1] ERROR jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncTask  - The LDAP nightly synchronization task did not complete. Check the following exceptions for more information.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider.getBooleanProperty(LDAPUserRegistryProvider.java:26)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistry.getBooleanConfigProperty(LDAPUserRegistry.java:445)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistry.shouldUseRangeRetrieval(LDAPUserRegistry.java:481)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncService.doSynchronizeUsers(LDAPNightlySyncService.java:224)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncService.synchronizeUsers(LDAPNightlySyncService.java:140)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy1533.synchronizeUsers(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncTask.runTask(LDAPNightlySyncTask.java:96)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.async.AbstractAutoScheduledTask.executeTask(AbstractAutoScheduledTask.java:86)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor450.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy1534.executeTask(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.runTask(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:136)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.run(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:99)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

Looking at the various XML files related to LDAP configuration I can see no differences between when things were working with M13 and now where things are broken with RC1.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Cheers, Eric

One answer

permanent link
Eric Kolotyluk (12185) | answered Apr 20 '11, 8:28 p.m.
OK, I finally fixed things. Basically I just went through setup again. Everything looked ok, but I guess something got fixed.

Cheers, Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.