It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete a workspace via CLI or Jazz ant task

Rick Chapman (7111312) | asked Mar 18 '11, 2:14 p.m.
In order to build a previous snapshot plus some changes on top of that, I am using "scm create workspace --snapshot" to create a temporary workspace initially seeded with a specified snapshot. I then run "scm accept ..." to apply specific changes on top of that. I have a several questions about this:
1. After populating the workspace I can use either an "scm load" or the teamFetch ant task to download the workspace files to my build space. I've read the docs and still can't tell what the difference is between load and fetch. Is there a difference?
2. After the build I no longer need the temporary workspace. Is there a way to remove a workspace via the CLI or ant task?
3. I would actually prefer to not use a disposable workspace but rather re-use the same workspace. However, for that I would need to be able to populate it with a snapshot. Is there a way via CLI or ant task to populate an existing workspace from a snapshot?
4. Assuming there is a way to populate a workspace from a snapshot, after that's done and some changes have been added/accepted to it, I'd like to make a snapshot of the workspace with its new content. The teamAccept ant task will create such a snapshot but it pulls in all delivered changes so I can't use that. The "scm accept" lets me specify the changes I want to pull in but doesn't make a snapshot of the resulting workspace content. Is there a way via CLI or ant task to make a snapshot of a workspace?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Mar 21 '11, 12:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently there isn't a way to delete a workspace in CLI.

The workspaces do not take up much space on the server but if you would like to reuse the workspace, replace all the components in the workspace from the snapshot.
'lscm workspace replace-components <workspace> snapshot <snapshot> --all'
This will replace all the components in your existing workspace with that of the snapshots. Note: If you have additional component in your snapshot you have to add it to your workspace via 'lscm workspace add-components' before running replace-components.

To create a snapshot of the workspace, run 'lscm create snapshot <workspace> --name <name>

In order to build a previous snapshot plus some changes on top of that, I am using "scm create workspace --snapshot" to create a temporary workspace initially seeded with a specified snapshot. I then run "scm accept ..." to apply specific changes on top of that. I have a several questions about this:
1. After populating the workspace I can use either an "scm load" or the teamFetch ant task to download the workspace files to my build space. I've read the docs and still can't tell what the difference is between load and fetch. Is there a difference?
2. After the build I no longer need the temporary workspace. Is there a way to remove a workspace via the CLI or ant task?
3. I would actually prefer to not use a disposable workspace but rather re-use the same workspace. However, for that I would need to be able to populate it with a snapshot. Is there a way via CLI or ant task to populate an existing workspace from a snapshot?
4. Assuming there is a way to populate a workspace from a snapshot, after that's done and some changes have been added/accepted to it, I'd like to make a snapshot of the workspace with its new content. The teamAccept ant task will create such a snapshot but it pulls in all delivered changes so I can't use that. The "scm accept" lets me specify the changes I want to pull in but doesn't make a snapshot of the resulting workspace content. Is there a way via CLI or ant task to make a snapshot of a workspace?

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.