It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to Get Credentials(Username and password) of the user who triggered the build in RTC?

shruti gudagur (2811115) | asked Jun 18 '14, 5:14 a.m.
Hello,

With My Username and password(hard coded as text) I am able to fetch my user-name, mail-id and the team area to which I belong in RTC. But I want to use the credentials of the user who triggered the build instead of hard coding my login details?

How can I use the API’s to accomplish this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shruti

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 18 '14, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I am aware, you can't. You might be able to access the user ID of the user that triggered the build (and the user record in RTC e.g. the e-mail), however you can't access the credentials.

For one thing these are not stored in RTC. They are stored on LDAP or Application server level. You can not access them through RTC, as it only passes them along. If you could this would be a serious security breach.
shruti gudagur selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
shruti gudagur commented Jun 26 '14, 12:29 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.
can you please let me know how to fetch the user ID of the user who triggered the build?
Thanks
Shruti

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 30 '14, 9:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can let the ant build save all available properties in a file. I did that and found the property

buildRequesterUserId

which contains the requesting user ID for private builds.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.