It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validation errors for item: type = AuditableLink

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Feb 19 '11, 9:52 a.m.
We are running RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 4 on Windows with a DB2 back end.

Yesterday a team member told me he's not able to save changed work items due to an error. At the time the error occurred, he was using the link capability to associate peer stories/requirements in the backlog.

After adding a link, when he clicks "Save," a "Problem Occurred" dialog pops up and shows the following text.

Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

Validation errors for item: type = AuditableLink, itemId = [UUID _ohGY4DuwEeC01_oVm4hwVQ]
Value of attribute "targetRef.comment" is 251 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 250 bytes. [Link URI Details: Link type id: com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedworkitem.]
Validation errors for item: type = AuditableLink, itemId = [UUID _ohGY4DuwEeC01_oVm4hwVQ]
Value of attribute "targetRef.comment" is 251 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 250 bytes. [Link URI Details: Link type id: com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedworkitem.]

Has anyone else experienced this error while using RTC? I searched the forum but didn't find any entires containing "AuditableLink" or "validation errors."

Is the error due to a restriction on the length of the "Summary" field? I'm not certain what targetRef.comment refers to.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jul 04 '11, 4:24 a.m.
I would check if url to one of related workitems is not too long. Try deleting all related workitems to check if this fixes problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.