It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Run Test Case doesn't start whit TER new and associate Plan

oreste egidio (4113020) | asked Feb 10 '11, 1:40 a.m.
I've a script associate to my test Plan.
If I select Run icon a popup appear.
If I select as Test Execution Record with a standard default (new) and start Run, I've no problem.

But, if I select new and check Associate Results with a Test Plan and select a test plan, the execution doesn't start.

Why?

3 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Feb 14 '11, 12:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In general this should work. I just tried it with RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix1. Typically what will happen is that RQM will only create a new Execution Record if one doesn't already exist that has the same data you specified in the run dialog (test environment,plan,milestone).

I'm not sure what version of RQM you are using, but it's possible this has been fixed already. The other possibility is that your user id doesn't have proper permissions to create a Test Case Execution Record. Something to try is to create the Execution Record via the Construction->Create Test Execution Record action. Give it a name, select the Test Plan you want and when you go to run the test case, select it from the drop down in the Test Case Run dialog.

permanent link
oreste egidio (4113020) | answered Feb 14 '11, 4:06 a.m.
I'm running RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix1.
The user is able to create a TER.

I'm trying to run a Test case thet is associate with a Test Plan.

I select new and try to associate a Test Plan, nothing start and I received no mesaage.

I tried it on two different installation and the result is the same.

Ciao

permanent link
Charlotte Harris (32912) | answered May 05 '11, 3:53 a.m.
Hello, I am seeing the same problem. Did you find out why it wasn't working for you?

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.