It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

newbie cannot find scm command-line tool

Michael Burr (111) | asked Feb 07 '11, 9:53 p.m.
I'm new to RTC & trying to accomplish some automation in our development environments. From the documentation, it looks like the scm command line tool is what I need, but after downloading and searching through every 2.0.0.2 "client" package I could find on the downloads page I'm ready to swear it doesn't exist. Could some kind soul out there point me in the right direction before I go bonkers?

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Feb 07 '11, 10:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
scm command line tool is at <rtc_installation_dir>/scmtools/eclipse/. Run 'lscm help' to list all the commands supported by the cli tool.

I'm new to RTC & trying to accomplish some automation in our development environments. From the documentation, it looks like the scm command line tool is what I need, but after downloading and searching through every 2.0.0.2 "client" package I could find on the downloads page I'm ready to swear it doesn't exist. Could some kind soul out there point me in the right direction before I go bonkers?

Thanks!

permanent link
Michael Burr (111) | answered Feb 08 '11, 9:48 a.m.
scm command line tool is at <rtc_installation_dir>/scmtools/eclipse/. Run 'lscm help' to list all the commands supported by the cli tool.

Thanks for the reply. At the risk of sounding stupid, I installed the "Client for Eclipse 3.5.x (Extension Install)" and cannot find this scmtools directory anywhere in the zip file. Do I perhaps need to install the server package or one of the other client packages to get the CLI?

Thanks,
Mike

permanent link
Michael Burr (111) | answered Feb 08 '11, 2:39 p.m.

Found it -- "Client for Eclipse IDE" zip file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.