It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Wrong time left (none) displayed in plan

John Schreck (11) | asked Feb 02 '11, 5:31 p.m.
I have a team area and I have associated that team area with my main development timeline, but when I put tasks in a plan for that iteration, it says that I have no time left (in progress bar) or it says I am over committed. If I edit my Work Environment to move time from my team area to the main development timeline, then time appears.

Why is this? I have a category that is associated with the team area and all of my tasks are referencing that category. Very frustrating.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 03 '11, 5:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi John,

without more details it is hard to tell what goes wrong.

Some thoughts

Category: this associates the the work item to the team.

The plan picks up the necessary time interval data from the timeline the team is working on. For each iteration it picks the start and end dates and calculates the available time considering the current date, the team members considering and their work environments (% assigned to team, hours per day etc).

So no time left typically means the iteration ends before today, there are no team members assigned with any availability. Maybe you are not assigned as member to the team?

Ralph

I have a team area and I have associated that team area with my main development timeline, but when I put tasks in a plan for that iteration, it says that I have no time left (in progress bar) or it says I am over committed. If I edit my Work Environment to move time from my team area to the main development timeline, then time appears.

Why is this? I have a category that is associated with the team area and all of my tasks are referencing that category. Very frustrating.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 04 '11, 5:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We were able to resolve this. This was RTC 2.0.0.2 but this could probably happen in other configurations too.

We did several changes but the main difference that fixed the issue was making sure that the plan configuration matched the desired combination of Plan Type, Owner and iteration.

We found the plan was an iteration plan but the owner was the project. When we changed the owner to the team, the correct numbers showed up.

Thanks,

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.