It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where are category/subcategory descriptions displayed?

James Thario (1153) | asked Jan 21 '11, 4:42 p.m.
Hi,

We would like to put guidance in the description of each category/subcategory for our users. On closer inspection, we are not sure where the descriptions for categories/subcategories are displayed to the end user. They do not appear as tool tips during submission or when displayed on the general details page.

Where can the user see the descriptions associated with category items?

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Jan 24 '11, 12:43 p.m.
Hi,

We would like to put guidance in the description of each category/subcategory for our users. On closer inspection, we are not sure where the descriptions for categories/subcategories are displayed to the end user. They do not appear as tool tips during submission or when displayed on the general details page.

Where can the user see the descriptions associated with category items?

Thanks!

Hi jthario

In a quickly test, the categories/subcategories description filled on the category's creation does not appear in any place like Comunity's page, asset submit or asset detail view. Maybe this is a usability problem or not.

In my own opinion, the categories shouldn't have a description. The category tree should be auto-explained, as a user I'd like to say to my RAM Admin: Don't make me think.

But, each case is a case, and you should have your needs. The really is that the category's description does not appear in anyplace.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Feb 21 '11, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.