It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any way of exporting / importing Queries in RTC ?

Steve Woodbridge (1352326) | asked Jan 07 '11, 3:44 p.m.
I know that currently there is no functionality in RTC to export / import queries from one RTC environment to another.

But has anyone following these forums come up with a way of doing this ?
Either as a tool or a manual process ? (Even if it would mean having to get our system support folks to go through the steps.).

4 answers

permanent link
aastha khatri (22721) | answered Sep 13 '16, 3:20 a.m.
Hi ,
Even I am looking for functionality where I can export queries. Is there any way to do this?

THanks

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813674) | answered Sep 13 '16, 3:55 a.m.

Good Morning,

You have the option of adding the Queries into the Predefined List in the Eclipse Client:- Then you can see the Query in the Process configure XML but this will enter it as a Predefined Query

Example: (from the Scrum Template)_

<query description="%scrum_spec_205" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.queries.predefined.closedCreated" name="%scrum_spec_206">

<select/>

<where>

<and>

<condition operator="is">

<attribute name="creator"/>

<variable type="currentUser"/>

</condition>

<condition operator="is">

<attribute name="internalState"/>

<variable arguments="closed" type="state"/>

</condition>

</and>

</where>

</query>

If you copy the XML into your other Project Area - in the Same Section of the Process Config XML.

Note: If it contains any specific UUID's such as Planned for or Team Area will NOT work.

permanent link
aastha khatri (22721) | answered Sep 13 '16, 6:20 a.m.
Good Morning,
Thanks For your quick response! My requirement is to export multiple queries in some format ,edit their attributes and import the query back. Also what I know is predefined queries can be modified by specific users (scrum masters,product owners) having access to Process configuration source . I am looking for something for all users.

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001423) | answered Sep 13 '16, 9:48 a.m.
@aakhatri that's not possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.