It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found

Ajay Partoti (11) | asked Dec 16 '10, 10:21 a.m.
I am using RAD 7.5.5.2, RTC and websphere v6.1
I am new to Maven and jazz script. I had downloaded the project from repository as
File>Accept Team Invitation after that i downloaded the entire project.I installed the M2Eclipse on top of RAD also.

At last all the dependencies are properly downloaded.
There is pom.xml file in my project from inside which we had invoked
<taskdef>
When i try to clean and build the project from Project tab>clean

Console will show me an error like as below:-

12/16/10 8:13:25 PM GMT+05:30: Build errors for PPCEAR; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.3:run (compile) on project PPCEAR: An Ant BuildException has occured: taskdef class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found

I don't know some task is missing from my pom file.
After that i had downloaded buildtoolkit from jazz site and put all the jars from buildengine into project classpath. But i am getting same error during build.

I am trying to remove this task error by some way but it is still coming please help for above task

Thanks

8 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 16 '10, 11:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am not sure I get what you try to do from the description.
However if you use the Jazz Build Ant tasks you need to follow http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp and put the tasks definitions in your ant file from installdir/buildsystem/buildtoolkit/BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml.

Otherwise the errors described below will show up.
Ralph

I am using RAD 7.5.5.2, RTC and websphere v6.1
I am new to Maven and jazz script. I had downloaded the project from repository as
File>Accept Team Invitation after that i downloaded the entire project.I installed the M2Eclipse on top of RAD also.

At last all the dependencies are properly downloaded.
There is pom.xml file in my project from inside which we had invoked
<taskdef>
When i try to clean and build the project from Project tab>clean

Console will show me an error like as below:-

12/16/10 8:13:25 PM GMT+05:30: Build errors for PPCEAR; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.3:run (compile) on project PPCEAR: An Ant BuildException has occured: taskdef class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found

I don't know some task is missing from my pom file.
After that i had downloaded buildtoolkit from jazz site and put all the jars from buildengine into project classpath. But i am getting same error during build.

I am trying to remove this task error by some way but it is still coming please help for above task

Thanks

permanent link
Ajay Partoti (11) | answered Dec 17 '10, 2:29 a.m.
This tutorial is really very useful to know how to start new builds.In my pom.xml file I saw it is already mentioned like as below:-

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
<inherited>true</inherited>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>compile</id>
<phase>compile</phase>
<configuration>
<tasks>
<taskdef> <startBuildActivity>

From the above pom file startBuildActivity is clearly mentioned as classname com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.StartBuildActivityTask

I had also seen in ant Tasks that this task is already there in ANT Tasks lists. I had also tried taking build-ant.jar from C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\916\1\.cp\ant_tasks in build path.
But the above error is still coming.

previously i had also tried importing tasks from BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml and put all jars from that directory into classpath. But unfortunately it is giving me StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found.

Please give your views on above.

Thanks

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 17 '10, 3:25 a.m.
I don't know what the issue here is, my ant builds look like.
I see the error you describe until the taskdefs are properly pasted into the build files.

Ralph

<project>

..... The real stuff here

<taskdef name="artifactFilePublisher"
classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactFilePublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="artifactLinkPublisher"
classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactLinkPublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="buildResultPublisher"
classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.BuildResultPublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="filePublisher"
classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.FilePublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="jdtCompileLogPublisher"
classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.JdtCompileLogPublisherTask" />

</project>

This tutorial is really very useful to know how to start new builds.In my pom.xml file I saw it is already mentioned like as below:-

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<inherited>true</inherited>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>compile</id>
<phase>compile</phase>
<configuration>
<tasks>
<taskdef> <startBuildActivity>

From the above pom file startBuildActivity is clearly mentioned as classname com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.StartBuildActivityTask

I had also seen in ant Tasks that this task is already there in ANT Tasks lists. I had also tried taking build-ant.jar from C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\916\1\.cp\ant_tasks in build path.
But the above error is still coming.

previously i had also tried importing tasks from BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml and put all jars from that directory into classpath. But unfortunately it is giving me StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found.

Please give your views on above.

Thanks

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 17 '10, 3:26 a.m.
A colleague wrote this:

http://phkrief.wordpress.com/2010/09/24/when-maven-meets-rational-team-concert/

I haven't had time to review it, but it might help you.

Ralph

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 17 '10, 5:23 a.m.
The code should have looked like:

<taskdef name="artifactFilePublisher" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactFilePublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="artifactLinkPublisher" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactLinkPublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="buildResultPublisher" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.BuildResultPublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="filePublisher" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.FilePublisherTask" />
<taskdef name="jdtCompileLogPublisher" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.JdtCompileLogPublisherTask" />

permanent link
Ajay Partoti (11) | answered Dec 20 '10, 6:19 a.m.
Hi,

These tophics are very useful. From one the articles i come to know that how jazz engine jars can be included for Maven build. As in my case ant tasks are invoked from Maven build file pom.xml.
I am using RAD also. In simple Maven setup we can put jars on it's classpath as below:-

Add the following to maven-home/bin/m2.conf (of course, substituting your own paths for the buildtoolkit and Ant lib directories)

load C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\*.jar
load C:\packages\ant\lib\*.

But I am using RAD which is using some maven plugins how can i modify the Maven build path for jars in RAD?
Or their is other way to change Maven Home by some way?

Thanks

permanent link
Brian Rodecap (5183) | answered Dec 23 '10, 3:02 p.m.
I am also experiencing the same "StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found," but only while using Maven 3. I have seen references to classpath inheritance issues with the maven-antrun-plugin under Maven 3, but I have not been able to isolate the issue yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 31 '11, 5:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am also experiencing the same "StartBuildActivityTask cannot be found," but only while using Maven 3. I have seen references to classpath inheritance issues with the maven-antrun-plugin under Maven 3, but I have not been able to isolate the issue yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not really sure why this is happening. I've read a few places that people are having similar problems using Maven 3.x and the maven-antrun-plugin (and read somewhere it might have to do with a hierarchical project structure...)

In any regards, I also had this problem and the fix I found was to modify the pom.xml by adding the <classpath> element to the <taskdef> element and point it to your build toolkit jars. This is shown in the following example:
<plugin>

<executions>
<execution>
<phase>compile</phase>
<configuration>
<tasks>
<taskdef name="startBuildActivity" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.StartBuildActivityTask" />

<classpath>
<fileset dir="C:\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit">
<include name="*.jar" />
</fileset>
</classpath>

<!-- Replace ADMIN with your real credentials. -->
<startBuildActivity repositoryAddress="${repositoryAddress}"
userId="ADMIN"
password="ADMIN"
buildResultUUID="${buildResultUUID}"
autoComplete="true"
label="compiling..." />
</tasks>
</configuration>
<goals>
<goal>run</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.