It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BF 7.1.2 bug (suspect hard-coded number in the code)

Mike Ying (1133) | asked Dec 02 '10, 11:47 a.m.
I have been testing a migration from BF3.8 to BF 7.1.2. But I hit a deadly problem today:

I have 1008 access groups in my BF 3.8 system, when I tried to create the access groups in BF 7.1.2 using a script, the script runs fine, all access groups got created in BF7.1.2. But when I open the GUI and go to Administration -> Access Groups -> click open any one access group, I got a blank in the "Owner" box.

If I delete a few access groups and reduced the total number to be 1001 or below, the owner box will show the correct name.

Also, this might be causing my earlier issue, where the import does not work properly, the environment variable groups did not get imported/created. (I am import a BF38 export file).

Please provide a fix or workaround, this is a show stopper.

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Dec 10 '10, 4:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have been testing a migration from BF3.8 to BF 7.1.2. But I hit a deadly problem today:

I have 1008 access groups in my BF 3.8 system, when I tried to create the access groups in BF 7.1.2 using a script, the script runs fine, all access groups got created in BF7.1.2. But when I open the GUI and go to Administration -> Access Groups -> click open any one access group, I got a blank in the "Owner" box.

If I delete a few access groups and reduced the total number to be 1001 or below, the owner box will show the correct name.

Also, this might be causing my earlier issue, where the import does not work properly, the environment variable groups did not get imported/created. (I am import a BF38 export file).

Please provide a fix or workaround, this is a show stopper.

Hi Mike,

I noticed that you submitted a bug report in RTC, so this is more of a reply in case someone else runs across this problem.

http://jazz.net/jazz08/web/projects/Rational%20Build%20Forge#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=19384

There was also a documentation bug submitted based off of RTC 19384.

https://jazz.net/jazz08/web/projects/Rational%20Build%20Forge#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=19436

Brent Ulbricht
Build Forge Test

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.