It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC with DB2

Dante Málaga (11) | asked Nov 29 '10, 11:22 p.m.
Hi everybody. Im new here in jazz.net. For a couple of weeks Ive been getting to know the Jazz platform, especially the RTC as part of an academic research focused on collaborative software development.
Last week I downloaded the 3.0 release and, based on an article about installing RTC wit a DB2 database (http://jazz.net/library/article/549), i got to work. however, I dealt with some issues that Im not sure Ive sorted out properly.

The first iisue was the table creation. Instead of using the following instructions

db2 create database JAZZ using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384

db2 create database CCM using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384
db2 create database DW using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384

I used
db2set DB2_OPTPROFILE=YES

db2 create database JAZZ using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384
db2 update db cfg for JAZZ using cur_commit disabled
db2 connect to JAZZ
db2 grant dbadm on database to user db2admin
db2 revoke connect on database from public
db2 terminate

db2 create database CCM using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384
db2 update db cfg for CCM using cur_commit disabled
db2 connect to CCM
db2stop force
db2start

so I avoid the case sensitivity error (I suppose it was only related with permissions)

the second issue I managed with was in the CCM teamserver.properties file (in the connection string more specifically). There was written a line like this

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};

I replaced the JAZZ for the CCM database name as I encountered troubles during the execution of the repotools-ccm instruction (repotools-ccm -createTables -clean) and later in the ccm setup process. I think there is a mistake.

My last question is about the DW configuration: I didnt find the this lines commented in the teamserver.properties files:

com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.vendor = DB2

com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/DW:user=db2admin;password={password};
com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.password=password

However, I wrote them into the files (nothing wrong happened).

I would like someone to tell me whether or not Ive done well. If so, Id love to have contributed with the community. If not, I hope someone could help me. :?

Goodbye and thank you for your kind attention.

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 14 '11, 6:01 p.m.
Regarding the database - Either the server starts or it doesn't. Which is it? :)

I don't think you followed the instructions. We don't need a database "DW"

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 14 '11, 6:02 p.m.
My apologies, apparently the article has changed... please also see this:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_form.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.