It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

creating an common user id

preetam kulkarni (139298) | asked Nov 25 '10, 7:41 a.m.
Hi All,
we have RTC 2.0.0.2 running on Aix platform, websphere with db2 as database & LDAP settings. i want to create a user id which can be used as common by all the members to run builds as build is on another system.... is there any way to create this.... as using or sharing passords will be against the policies....
please let me know if any more details are needed....

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Nov 25 '10, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,
we have RTC 2.0.0.2 running on Aix platform, websphere with db2 as database & LDAP settings. i want to create a user id which can be used as common by all the members to run builds as build is on another system.... is there any way to create this.... as using or sharing passords will be against the policies....
please let me know if any more details are needed....

Hi

Are you using the JBE (Jazz Build Engine) or something else? Generally, you will have a Build user in RTC that has the permission to run the builds on the remote machine. Your users will request a build, but the build user actually runs it. The users don't need to login as the build user to do this.

There is a good overview on builds here:

http://jazz.net/library/article/38

This is for RTC 1.0 but the basic ideas are similar in 2.x

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.