It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP-RTC issue

Pavithra Kasturirangan (42956056) | asked Nov 24 '10, 2:49 a.m.
Hi,

We have LDAP configured to import users to RTC with the following mapping
userId =
name =
emailAddress =

There were two Entries created with the same User name in LDAP, however, their LDAP ID and mail ids are different.
For example:

User Name User ID MailID
NameA personAloginID personA@foo.com
NameA personBloginID personB@foo.com

Now, the issue was rectified at LDAP end by changing to the right username. The change reflects in the LDAP "JazzUsers" group but now the problem is that, when i search for the changed name in import Users, i don't get it and even in Active users i don't find the modified name.

RTC maybe still looks into the LDAPLogin id and assumes that it is still valid.

Now, how do i get the modified name reflect in RTC again?

Regards,
Pavithra

2 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Nov 26 '10, 4:09 a.m.
Hi,

We have LDAP configured to import users to RTC with the following mapping
userId =
name =
emailAddress =

There were two Entries created with the same User name in LDAP, however, their LDAP ID and mail ids are different.
For example:

User Name User ID MailID
NameA personAloginID personA@foo.com
NameA personBloginID personB@foo.com

Now, the issue was rectified at LDAP end by changing to the right username. The change reflects in the LDAP "JazzUsers" group but now the problem is that, when i search for the changed name in import Users, i don't get it and even in Active users i don't find the modified name.

RTC maybe still looks into the LDAPLogin id and assumes that it is still valid.

Now, how do i get the modified name reflect in RTC again?

Regards,
Pavithra

Hey Payvithral,

In RTC LDAP authentication you need to be aware that LDAP is the dominant user directory where RTC only does a lookup. So you shouldnt change the Username in RTC but in the AD.
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want but if you dont change the userid both users should still be there in RTC.
So please fix the names of the users in the AD and we can take any further problems from there.

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42956056) | answered Nov 26 '10, 4:20 a.m.
Hi,

It got resolved today.
I made the change in LDAP and waited for the LDAP schedule job to sync with RTC. That made the necessary changes in RTC

Thank you
Pavithra

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.