It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a new Stream Via the Flow Diagram

Yaron Norani (47267065) | asked Nov 17 '10, 9:30 a.m.
Hello,

I am using the flow diagram in order to maintain my stream's structure.
I am willing to create a new Stream that will flow an existing stream.

I am creating the new stream by right click on current stream.
I thought that the stream will be documented in the flow target window as a "father", but it does not

Is it a bug?

I am working with RTC 3 RC2.

Thanks,

Yaron

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yaron,

creating a stream from another simply duplicates the configuration of the stream. The new stream is completely independent from the old one. Especially there is nothing like a parent child dependency implied.

You can however set the flow target of a stream to another stream to document your desired stream hierarchy.
If you do that, you should be able in a flow diagram to see an incoming or outgoing flow at the respective streams and could let the diagram show it.

Ralph

Hello,

I am using the flow diagram in order to maintain my stream's structure.
I am willing to create a new Stream that will flow an existing stream.

I am creating the new stream by right click on current stream.
I thought that the stream will be documented in the flow target window as a "father", but it does not

Is it a bug?

I am working with RTC 3 RC2.

Thanks,

Yaron

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Nov 17 '10, 1:57 p.m.
Thanks Ralph,

Is there a way to create a new stream that automatically will also create the flow target, as it happens when you create (by right click on a stream) a new repository workspace?

permanent link
kevin mcmahon (6) | answered Nov 17 '10, 5:40 p.m.
I had the exact same question hopefully Yaron can come back and answer this question.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 18 '10, 1:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yaron,

you can create a duplicate of a stream in several places such as the (Team Artefacts>Source Control) Stream context menu or the Stream editor itself. This duplicates everything, including the flow targets.

You could suggest what you think would be required creating a work item.

Thanks,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph,

Is there a way to create a new stream that automatically will also create the flow target, as it happens when you create (by right click on a stream) a new repository workspace?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.