It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a List Box for Report Parameter Query UUID?

Jonas Traub (633) | asked Nov 17 '10, 6:26 a.m.
I've created a Report with BIRT Tools in RTC.
One parameter is a query UUID. So only the results of the query is displayed in the report.
Now i want to select any existing WI query from a list box.
How can I load the existing queries in the parameter's list box?

5 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
HI,

the only way I know is to open the query you want in the web UI and grab the UID from the URL. Like this query http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.runSavedQuery&id=_B_zKkBD9EdyJqvumb3iZNg&refresh=true has the UID
_B_zKkBD9EdyJqvumb3iZNg

Thanks,

Ralph

One parameter is a query UUID. So only the results of the query is displayed in the report.

permanent link
Jonas Traub (633) | answered Nov 17 '10, 7:05 a.m.
HI,

the only way I know is to open the query you want in the web UI and grab the UID from the URL. Like this query http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.runSavedQuery&id=_B_zKkBD9EdyJqvumb3iZNg&refresh=true has the UID
_B_zKkBD9EdyJqvumb3iZNg

Thanks,

Ralph

This is the way I use right now, but in some predefined reports I can select a query from a list box with dynamic content.

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Nov 25 '10, 12:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

At the moment we don't have any custom widgetry for parameters of type "work item query", and the parameter widget mechanism is not extensible, so unfortunately there's no way to do this. If you'd like to enter an enhancement request for the Reports team, we can consider this in a future release - sounds like a useful thing.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Nov 25 '10, 6:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The LIVE_SNAPSHOT schema exposes the live raw repository data. Check the table com.ibm.team.workitem.query.QueryDescriptor. This table exposes the work item query objects.

1) Create a parameter data set using the table com.ibm.team.workitem.query.QueryDescriptor
2) select the following fields: itemId, name, projectArea.name and creator.name
3) In the parameters tab of the data set editor hard code the default value of creator.name to your full name; and the projectArea.name to your project area.
4) Preview the data set. Notice how it will list all your query item ids and names.
5) Use the query item ids and names to fill in the values and labels of your Query report parameter.

In 3.0, instead of hard-coding your name and the project area, you can use the {Current Contributor} and {Current Project Area} variables. That way the report will work for anybody instead of just working for you.

One warning: the WORKITEM_QUERY_RESULTS data set does not impose any limits on how many rows get fetched; so avoid using queries that can potentially display a huge number of work items. That could eat up all the memory in the server. WORKITEM_QUERY_RESULTS should be used to just get work item counts (WI_COUNT) for status reports. The report it self could contain a link to the actual work item query that can take you to the Work Items UI. The Work Items UI supports paging.

Rafik Jaouani
Reports Team

permanent link
Oliver Vinn (261) | answered Dec 17 '14, 1:46 p.m.
Spent time building a report around a query UUID to then find using the full larger data set query the results table has a hard limit of 380 rows. Wonderful!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.