It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT report - help needed

Milan Krivic (98013176143) | asked Oct 22 '10, 6:53 a.m.
Hi,

I have some weird situation. On displaying some work items at right click, then Run Report, I get what I want, but when I deploy that rpt design, some fields are empty. For example:

I am displaying dates when some work item was closed. On run report, I get results which I want, but when I deploy rpt design, I get every third or fourth result and I can't figure the reason. Can someone explain how this is possible?

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Oct 29 '10, 7:05 a.m.
Hi,

I have some weird situation. On displaying some work items at right click, then Run Report, I get what I want, but when I deploy that rpt design, some fields are empty. For example:

I am displaying dates when some work item was closed. On run report, I get results which I want, but when I deploy rpt design, I get every third or fourth result and I can't figure the reason. Can someone explain how this is possible?

Thanks,

Are you building a report in BIRT ? as far as I remember you can only review a report in BIRT and not Run it. In RTC you can run a report but then I'm not sure I understand when you see reults and when some are missing? Anyway my guess is that you have some parameters which makes the difference.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Oct 29 '10, 7:22 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks,

Are you building a report in BIRT ? as far as I remember you can only review a report in BIRT and not Run it. In RTC you can run a report but then I'm not sure I understand when you see reults and when some are missing? Anyway my guess is that you have some parameters which makes the difference.

Hi dk11419,

Yes, I am building report in BIRT, but I think I know why this happens. I archived some work item categories which work items were filed against, and after that, I changed the state of work item, but it contained archived category.

I 've already had this situation before with work items with archived details which were not shown on report.

Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.