It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ERROR durin build process

Enrico Visentin (1642) | asked Oct 18 '10, 10:59 a.m.
Hello, I have been trying to use a build definition, launching a build job.
After several attempts, I had first to adjust the memory heap size.

This is thre command I used:

jbe -verbose -vm "C:\jdk1.5.0_22\bin\java" -repository https://<myhost>:<myport>/jazz/ -userId <user> -pass <password> -engineId <engine> -Xms1024m -Xmx8192m -server

At last I got this error:

pre-build "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm" in corso
java.lang.IllegalStateException: 0
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.BTreeHeap.doFree(BTreeHeap.java:341)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.BTreeHeap.free(BTreeHeap.java:283)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.PersistentHeapManager$AutoClosingPersistentFileHeap.free(PersistentHeapManager.
java:128)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap.freeObject(DiskBackedHashMap.java:406)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap$Entry.setValue(DiskBackedHashMap.java:972)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.CachedDiskBackedHashMap$CachedEntry.flush(CachedDiskBackedHashMap.java:390)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.CachedDiskBackedHashMap.flushEntry(CachedDiskBackedHashMap.java:197)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.CachedDiskBackedHashMap.flushCache(CachedDiskBackedHashMap.java:166)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.PersistentDiskBackedHashMap.persist(PersistentDiskBackedHashMap.java:145)
at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.PersistentDiskBackedHashMap.close(PersistentDiskBackedHashMap.java:139)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Store.close(Store.java:58)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingMetadata2.close(SharingMetadata2.java:1756)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.MetadataChangeTracker.close(MetadataChangeTracker.java:312)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.internalClose(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2755)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaManager.deregister(CopyFileAreaManager.java:253)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaManager.shutdown(CopyFileAreaManager.java:463)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemCore.shutDown(FileSystemCore.java:98)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:204)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:628)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:466)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

3 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 18 '10, 1:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Enrico,

Which version of RTC are you using? Errors like this usually indicate that the metadata for the 'sandbox' (i.e. the loaded workspace on disk) has been corrupted. When this happens, try deleting the load directory manually. That's assuming you're running with "Delete directory before loading" unchecked in the build definition. If not, try simply running the build again.

Regarding heap size, you may need to bump it up, particularly if using a Sun VM, however, the way you're specifying them will have no effect. You need to add -vmargs between the program args and the VM args. The value you have for -Xmx is also really large, and -Xms can sometimes cause more problems than it solves (e.g. by delaying finalization). Try instead:

jbe -verbose -vm "C:\jdk1.5.0_22\bin\java" -repository https://<myhost>:<myport>/jazz/ -userId <user> -pass <password> -engineId <engine> -vmargs -Xmx512m -server

Also note that we generally recommend running using the JDK included in the RTC Eclipse client. For more details, see:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#WhichJDK

permanent link
Enrico Visentin (1642) | answered Oct 19 '10, 7:35 a.m.
Hi Nick,
thank you very much, it works now.

I am working on a 2.0.0.2iFix2 version, and I think that both the problems you highlighted were there. I did remove manually thye folders and passed the jvm options in the new way, and everything worked perfectly.

Again, thank you very much for your support

Best regards
Enrico

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 19 '10, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.