It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

connector problem

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Oct 10 '10, 9:34 a.m.
Thanks to the workshop document, I have a working system with my connector running.

I am now encountering problems that I don't know how to resolve.

1. I set the user in the workitem to be remotely synched, with a separate sync rule.. that does in fact drive my connector, ya!..
but.. once 'successful', the user is added to the Jazz user DB and my connector is never called again.. or at least I haven't found the condition to do it..

anyhow, I don't really have a problem with that. but.. I need to retest my connector now that I have remote connection working and the user is now added to the DB with no way to remove them

advice please..

altho people DO leave the company, and their ID should be removed (not just archived)..

2. I have a workitem that I forced into synchronized state,
(from the unsynchronized status list, open item, and redo the outgoing/incoming synch)
and now the web UI causes the jazz server to crash..
how can I clean this up?

Sam

13 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Feb 17 '11, 6:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Outgoing sync is not automatically retried because if it failed due to some sort of "hard" error, it could just keep failing again, over and over, creating a long list of failure notifications. Instead, there are a couple mechanisms that can be used to notice that there are problems, and manually retry. First, any synchronization problem is posted as an event that can be viewed in Team Central (now called Team Dashboard). You have to explicitly subscribe to such events, since few users will be interested in them. In the Configuration dialog of Team Dashboard, check "Connector Events". When an event occurs double-click on it to open it.

You can also explicitly query for synchronization problems by opening the Synchronization Rules view, then right-clicking on either a project area or synchronization rule and selecting "Show Unsynchronized". Any synchronization errors will be listed. Double-click on one to open it.

Once a Synchronization Status editor is opened, you can see what the problem was, and if you think you've done something to resolve it, you can click on "Retry Outgoing Synchronization". (Sorry if you already know all of this; I'm just pointing out the general model of resolving synchronization issues.)

>There is no automatic retry; if the connected Jazz item (e.g. work item) is modified later, then outgoing sync will be triggered again

yeh.. thats the problem I am looking at..

the RTC user made a change, the outgoing synch failed due to server unavailbility, and altho the synctime is set to 60 seconds, this update will not be resent..

the reason for the update was to ask the owner on the remote side to do some work (contact the customer for some data, that could take days) but the message never arrived.. (all of you that can't hear me please raise your hand!)..

one would think that the workitem synch status is still outgoing pending, and this would then retry at the next sync interval. (with either accumulated properties or indicidual state
changes)

the question is, is there another exit from update state,
true, false, or throw error)

Sam

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Feb 17 '11, 6:12 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The com.ibm.team.interop.service.IInteropExternalManager interface is in the com.ibm.team.interop.service project, so it should show up in the com.ibm.team.interop.server.rtc.feature.source_3.0.0.v20101110_2353 folder shown in your screen capture.

and as for setup.. I have all the V3 sdk source, but for the life of me I cannot find the abstract class my repository manager is derived from.. none of the folder/file names line up.

sam

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/sdetweil/rtcsource.jpg

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 17 '11, 8:56 p.m.
got it.. thanks..

but I have no clue why I would have looked there on my own

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.