It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

My Work view: Want Current Work for multiple iterations

Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | asked Oct 07 '10, 11:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm working in two different iterations (current development and 2.0.0.x maintenance). I'd like each of those in the Current Work section of the My Work view.

How do I configure it to show both?

tx,
e

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 14 '14, 2:35 p.m.
edited May 14 '14, 4:31 p.m.
 you will have to use the web ui, personal (or some) dashboard and some workitem query gadget to display the list. can't do iit in Eclipse My Work display
Evan Hughes selected this answer as the correct answer

6 other answers

permanent link
Kevin Dunphy (1645) | answered May 14 '14, 1:34 p.m.
+1 -- this would be very nice for the scenario described above , and also for parallel-stream development. 

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered May 14 '14, 2:58 p.m.
I don't think this is doable since the current work section associates with iteration set as current, and only one iteration can be set as current in a PA.  Good RFE candidate though.

Susan Wu
Rational Software Advisory Team (RTC SWAT)

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered May 14 '14, 3:56 p.m.
Hi Kevin,

I file the following RFE to enhance the current work section in Eclipse client.  Other than personal dashboard in web client, you can also consider using the Team Dashboard in RTC eclipse client, where you can add multiple queries sections to associate with different queries.  You can then create different queries to list WIs plan for different iterations owned by you.. that is how I keep track of my assigned work with the Eclipse client.  Hope this will help.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=315993

Susan Wu
Rational Software Advisory Team (RTC SWAT)

permanent link
Kevin Dunphy (1645) | answered May 14 '14, 3:08 p.m.
Thanks Sam & Susan.   I'm exploring the personal-dashboard approach for right now, but I'd welcome enhancements to the Eclipse UI very much.   Since I'm working on the code, I spend 90% of my time in the Eclipse UI instead of the Web UI. 

permanent link
Kevin Dunphy (1645) | answered May 14 '14, 4:41 p.m.
Interesting -- my project has "My Open Work Items" on the team dashboard, and when I set the multi-bar chart to group by Planned For, now I get a set of ten iterations, some in maintenance, some in the future...  They're in Alphabetical order, so "Iteration 10" comes before "Iteration 7" -- but still, it contains only open items, not all the closed items that clutter up MyWork.  I'm going to have to spend some time on this -- thanks very much for the tip!!

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered May 14 '14, 5:05 p.m.
That is probably because the default points to the predefined query, you can create your own queries to change the section configuration to point to your own customized ones.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.