It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a VersionableHandle given a file name & versi

Swathi Rao (5112) | asked Jan 20 '08, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would like to retrieve the content of a specific file version from the server. Given the name and full path to a file and the file version number, how is it possible to retrieve the VersionableHandle?

The SCM code snippet example currently available shows how to get a handle to a file in the Jazz server for a locally loaded file in the Eclipse workspace. However I would like to get it for any file in a SCM stream or workspace.

The article on "Jazz Platform Architecture - Notes on service programming model" mentions that we need to use IFileSystemService for file system related service calls. But when I looked at the Jazz source code, I found that SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager.fetchCompleteStates was used in most places. Could someone also recommend the right approach to retrieve a file item from the server.

Regards,
Swathi.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Priyadarshini Gorur (3313) | answered Apr 30 '18, 12:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 15 '18, 2:35 a.m.

Just to add to the previous answer, to retrieve the content of a specific file version, after getting the IVersionable:

IVersionedContentManager versionedContentManager = SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(repository).getSCMContentManager();
IFileItem file = (IFileItem) version;
InputStream stream = versionedContentManager.retrieveContentStream(versionHandle, file.getContent(), monitor);

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Atul Kumar commented May 01 '18, 12:13 p.m.

An update after 4 years! Cool :)

2 other answers

permanent link
Atul Kumar (1872329) | answered Jun 17 '14, 1:50 a.m.
IVersionableHandle versionHandle = (IVersionableHandle) IFileItem.ITEM_TYPE.createItemHandle(UUID.valueOf(fileUuid), UUID.valueOf(stateUuid));
IVersionableManager verManager = SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(repository).versionableManager();
IVersionable version = verManager.fetchCompleteState(versionHandle, monitor);

permanent link
Atul Kumar (1872329) | answered May 01 '18, 12:13 p.m.

The question was asked some 10 years back, BTW ;)

Comments
Priyadarshini Gorur commented May 02 '18, 2:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just for the benefit of others, if at all :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.