It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hiearchy of Process configuration priority Question

Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | asked Sep 22 '10, 1:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am looking for some help in how to determine what Operation behavior takes precedence since I see several areas under Team Configuration where Operation behavior can be set.

For Team areas, there is Team Configuration, then underneath, there is Iteration Types or Timelines with child Iterations which can have their own Operation behavior overrides.

If there is an Operation behavior defined for let's say Workitem Approval on Delivery (client) associated with the Iteration type 'stabilization milestone phase', and there is a Team Configuration level Operation behavior, which one takes precedence. Do you have to eliminate the Team area configuration level Operation behavior in order for the Iteration type based operation behavior to take effect?

I even moved the Workitem approval operation behavior to the team area level, and the streams are owned by the team area, but I still cannot get the workitem Approval to kick in.

I would like to some help to figure this out.

P.S. What is the difference between Deliver (client) and Deliver (Server)?

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Sep 23 '10, 4:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:23:00 +0000, rnaranjo wrote:

I am looking for some help in how to determine what Operation behavior
takes precedence since I see several areas under Team Configuration
where Operation behavior can be set.

For Team areas, there is Team Configuration, then underneath, there is
Iteration Types or Timelines with child Iterations which can have their
own Operation behavior overrides.

If there is an Operation behavior defined for let's say Workitem
Approval on Delivery (client) associated with the Iteration type
'stabilization milestone phase', and there is a Team Configuration level
Operation behavior, which one takes precedence. Do you have to
eliminate the Team area configuration level Operation behavior in order
for the Iteration type based operation behavior to take effect?

I even moved the Workitem approval operation behavior to the team area
level, and the streams are owned by the team area, but I still cannot
get the workitem Approval to kick in.

Rosa

http://jazz.net/library/article/292

This article is a completely (and maybe painfully) accurate guide to how
the Process runtime determines what operation behavior to enforce.

- Jared
-----------------------
Jazz Team Process

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Sep 23 '10, 9:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am looking for some help in how to determine what Operation behavior takes precedence since I see several areas under Team Configuration where Operation behavior can be set.

For Team areas, there is Team Configuration, then underneath, there is Iteration Types or Timelines with child Iterations which can have their own Operation behavior overrides.

If there is an Operation behavior defined for let's say Workitem Approval on Delivery (client) associated with the Iteration type 'stabilization milestone phase', and there is a Team Configuration level Operation behavior, which one takes precedence. Do you have to eliminate the Team area configuration level Operation behavior in order for the Iteration type based operation behavior to take effect?

I even moved the Workitem approval operation behavior to the team area level, and the streams are owned by the team area, but I still cannot get the workitem Approval to kick in.

P.S. What is the difference between Deliver (client) and Deliver (Server)?

I was able to get a workaround to my problem by applying the information on https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=132247

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.