It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merging Two Build Forge into One

Raj K (10222225) | asked Sep 13 '10, 11:54 a.m.
Hello,
I have a quick question on BF. If my company want to merge two buildforge, (both enterprise editions as a result of a company merger) is there a simple way to merge two Buildforge into one? I know we can start fresh with a new BF and archive the old ones and export one old BF.

Thanks
RK

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 13 '10, 9:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I have a quick question on BF. If my company want to merge two buildforge, (both enterprise editions as a result of a company merger) is there a simple way to merge two Buildforge into one? I know we can start fresh with a new BF and archive the old ones and export one old BF.

Thanks
RK

Hi RK,

I think the easiest way to merge the two would be to export your projects from the system that will no longer be used and import them into the system that will be left live. However, you will have to manually transfer some things like schedules, adaptors, adaptor links, etc.

The one thing to remember about export and import operation is that you are hopefully keeping live the system that is the newer of the two. A project export from a newer Build Forge release/build may contain data that the import utility on an older build may not recognize and wouldn't import properly (or at all).

bju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.