It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing passwords

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Mar 26 '08, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using M5a - I can change my own password via the native client (from the Team Artifacts View, select Repository Connections-><my connection>->Administer->Open Users, search for myself and then I get a change password button).

Is there any way for me to use the Web UI to change my own password?

Also - is there a way for an administrator to change or reset another users password? Do I need specific permissions to do this?

thanks

anthony

4 answers

permanent link
Darin Swanson (3161) | answered Mar 26 '08, 2:57 p.m.
We have an open work item to implement the ability for a user belonging to
the JazzAdmins group to be able to reset another users password.
Please see:
No mechanism to reset external user password (44387) (web)

HTH
Darins

"kesterto" <akesterton@uk.ibm-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:fse130$tvj$1@localhost.localdomain...
Using M5a - I can change my own password via the native client (from
the Team Artifacts View, select Repository Connections-><my
connection>->Administer->Open Users, search for myself and
then I get a change password button).

Is there any way for me to use the Web UI to change my own password?

Also - is there a way for an administrator to change or reset another
users password? Do I need specific permissions to do this?

thanks

anthony

permanent link
Matthew Jarvis (2411) | answered Mar 26 '08, 3:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There will be a feature that allows a user to change their own password through the web ui in 0.6 M6, but for now, this feature will only be accessible to admins since the user editor is part of the admin web ui.

There are plans to open up parts of the admin web ui to non-admins, but that will most likely be happening in the post 0.6 timeframe. See work item 38590: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=38590

Also, there are plans to allow admins to reset user passwords. See work item 44387: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=44387

This work hasn't been targeted for a certain milestone yet, but I would expect it sometime in 0.6. You can subscribe to these work items if you want to be notified of status changes.

Thanks,
Matt Jarvis
Jazz Developer - Web UI / Repository

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Mar 26 '08, 7:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the replies - I will subscribe to these work items.

In the meantime, do I understand correctly that there is no way for anyone to change passwords (including their own) via the Web UI?

thanks

anthony

permanent link
Matthew Jarvis (2411) | answered Mar 27 '08, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As of M5a, that is correct. There is currently no way for users to change their own passwords through the Web UI. In M6, administrators will be able to change their own passwords through the Web UI, but regular users still won't have access to this functionality. (This limitation is due to the fact that the change password functionality will be part of the user editor in the Admin Web UI.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.