It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Backing up the database, which tables can we exclude?

Tom Rochette (1644) | asked Aug 16 '11, 2:46 p.m.
Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to backup the build forge database on a daily basis. Looking at the table size, the following tables are the biggest and those I'd want to be able to exclude. I want to be able to restore buildforge with the minimal amount of data and still be able to start builds after a restoration of the database.

Table I want to exclude:
    bf_logs
    bf_messagearg
    bf_store
    bf_messages
    bf_message_translated

Can you please point which tables cannot be excluded (and if there are additional tables, I'd be glad if you could include them as well).

We are using mysql as a database, so I simply plan on doing a mysqldump with a list of tables to exclude.

Thanks for the help.

2 answers

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Aug 16 '11, 3:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
you can exclude bf_messages, bf_messagearg, and bf_message_translated.
You just won't have system messages after restore.

bf_logs and bf_store are integral to product function. keep them.

permanent link
Tom Rochette (1644) | answered Aug 16 '11, 7:56 p.m.
you can exclude bf_messages, bf_messagearg, and bf_message_translated.
You just won't have system messages after restore.

bf_logs and bf_store are integral to product function. keep them.

I thought that bf_logs where only history of previous builds, which is data I don't care about (from what I understand, a row = a line of job log). I'm trying to think about bare minimum here. If logs are critical to the application, I'd say that it is rather strange. Is it the case?

What about bf_store? What is its purpose? (I'll take a look at the table structure tomorrow at work)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.