It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Story Points Progress

Pierre Carlson (1142) | asked Sep 02 '10, 9:22 a.m.
We seem to have broken the Story Points Progress chart. One of our teams had a name with a single quote in it (e.g. Jim's team). The story points progress viewlet stops outputting information at that team. Therefore, that team and the teams after them are not shown in the viewlet. I have changed the name and waited a couple of days, but the viewlet has not corrected itself. Any idea what else might need to be changed to get this working again?

4 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 09 '10, 6:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you please try displaying the same report using the reports WEB UI and tell us if it is working there and file a work item about the problem?

permanent link
Pierre Carlson (1142) | answered Sep 09 '10, 8:08 a.m.
I created a new Story Points Progress Report via the Web UI and the new instance of the report seems to be working. I went back to the dashboard and the report on the dashboard showed up empty. I deleted it and added another instance of the report. That seems to have resolved it. I have opened this work item to track the original problem.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=130629

permanent link
Gary Smith (1111) | answered Aug 04 '11, 2:33 p.m.
We have altered our complexity attribute in the process configuration to include a 0.5 pts. We have changed it in the XML. It appears to be picked up properly in the data warehouse charts (story points chart) but not in the plan view.

I tested the plan view on the web UI and the Eclipse client. This is on 3.0.1

For example, if I have 2 stories in iteration 3 and one is 4 pts and the other is 0.5 pts, I should see a progress bar like 0/4.5 story points. Instead, it says 0/4 story points. This would be in a plan view of the release grouped by iteration.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 04 '11, 3:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It appears to not be supported.
See work item 96683.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/4/2011 2:38 PM, garysmith wrote:
We have altered our complexity attribute in the process configuration
to include a 0.5 pts. We have changed it in the XML. It appears to
be picked up properly in the data warehouse charts (story points
chart) but not in the plan view.

I tested the plan view on the web UI and the Eclipse client. This is
on 3.0.1

For example, if I have 2 stories in iteration 3 and one is 4 pts and
the other is 0.5 pts, I should see a progress bar like 0/4.5 story
points. Instead, it says 0/4 story points. This would be in a plan
view of the release grouped by iteration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.