It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pages Do Not Format Properly When Accessed Via IHS/WAS Proxy

Karen Dapsis (11) | asked Sep 01 '10, 7:06 p.m.
RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix3 is deployed upon WebSphere 7.0.0.11.

The RTC Web pages appear normal when accessed either by an IE7/8 or Firefox 3.6 browser when on our intranet. The formatting of pages This can be by directing the browser to the intranet IHS 7.0.0.11 web server, the WebSphere 7.0.0.11 proxy (which is on the intranet), or the application server.

However, if I access RTC via our DMZ web server (IHS 7.0.0.11), the information on the web page is not formatted properly. The DMZ web server routes requests to our intranet WebSphere 7.0.0.11 proxy which then routes the request to the application server. The normal navigation pane on the left is listed as body text on the top and the content pane that is on the right is listed as body text on the bottom. Navigation works though and the content on the bottom is complete. It does not matter if the browser is IE or Firefox, the mis-format of the page is consistent.

No errors are recorded in the jazz.log.

Any suggestions?

One answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Sep 02 '10, 1:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like some CSS isn't being loaded properly. The first thing I would check is to make sure the proxy is forwarding the Host header properly and not rewriting it to the actual host name. Then I would check to make sure the public URI root is set correctly to the proxy URL in advanced properties in the admin Web UI.

If that still doesn't fix it, perhaps you can get more debugging info by installing firebug and looking for failing requests in the Net tab to get clues as to why the CSS isn't loading properly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.