It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Auto populating the Releases for a Project Area

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Aug 02 '10, 7:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a method (probably via API calls) for auto populating the Releases for a Project Area (likely after a build) and thereby populating the Found In field of a work item?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 03 '10, 3:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tim,

I had recently a discussion about a similar matter http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11398.

If you want to use API Calls you will most likely have to use the Plain Java API.

However my personal opinion, as stated in the thread above, is that creating "release" entries for each build will make things hard to manage. I believe it would be better to create an entry for releases e.g. 3.0 or even 3.0 M7 manually that represents the found in. To track builds and release candidates you could use a specialized work item type. At Jazz.net the team uses Build Tracking work items. It is way easier to handle bigger amounts of those work items and use the "Found In" for less fine grained categorization. The benefit is easier reporting, easier picking of Found In values, less wrong data.

Just my thoughts,

Ralph

Is there a method (probably via API calls) for auto populating the Releases for a Project Area (likely after a build) and thereby populating the Found In field of a work item?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.