It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge and WebSphere Application Server 7 support?

Andy Rutherford (21128) | asked Jul 29 '10, 12:25 a.m.
Hi there,

I know in the BF 7.1.1.4 installation guide it suggests that the latest level of WAS the console can be deployed onto is WAS 6.1. I wondered when WAS 7.0 would be supported? I also wondered if there were any potential pitfalls or gotchas to be aware of if we did decide to deploy the BF console ver 7.1.1.4 onto WAS 7.0.0.7 on Windows?

many thanks

Andy

3 answers

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Aug 03 '10, 2:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi there,

I know in the BF 7.1.1.4 installation guide it suggests that the latest level of WAS the console can be deployed onto is WAS 6.1. I wondered when WAS 7.0 would be supported? I also wondered if there were any potential pitfalls or gotchas to be aware of if we did decide to deploy the BF console ver 7.1.1.4 onto WAS 7.0.0.7 on Windows?

many thanks

Andy

I don't know of any issues with WAS 7.0.0.7. I have it successfully deployed on WAS 7.0.0.3 on Windows.

Regards,
Pete

permanent link
Ron Estabillo (6) | answered Aug 08 '10, 11:07 p.m.
Hi there,

many thanks

Andy

We had problems deploying BF 7.1.1.4 to WAS 7.0, that is why we opt to deploy it to WAS 6.1. Based on the pre-reqs, BF 7.1.1.4 is (officially) supported on WAS 6.1.

Copy Peter, can you share the additional/required configurations in WAS 7.0.0.3 for BF 7114? Many thanks.

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Aug 09 '10, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Copy Peter, can you share the additional/required configurations in WAS 7.0.0.3 for BF 7114? Many thanks.

It's been a while since I did the deployment to 7.0.0.3, but I do still have it on my system. Perhaps the best approach would be to let me know what specific problems you have been having with the deployment on WAS 7.0.0.7 and I can look into that.

Regards,
Pete

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.