It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

accepted changes become unresolved

jiangfan shi (7613) | asked Jul 20 '10, 10:08 a.m.
The incoming changes are still in the incoming folder after I accept that, and an unresolved folder appears in the unresolved folder. These unresolved folder contains not the newest changes, and still are old versions.

Why does it happen? Any comments? Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
jiangfan shi (7613) | answered Jul 20 '10, 10:16 a.m.
Ok, I just resolved this.

The steps are the following:

1. close and then reopen the visual studio 2005 (I am using jazz inside VS2005)
2. compile the whole solution
3. accept that incoming changeset

The change set now is successfully accepted without creating any unresolved folder.

I think the 1st step maybe the key because I have done 2nd which does not work. Any idea why this happens?

Jiangfan

The incoming changes are still in the incoming folder after I accept that, and an unresolved folder appears in the unresolved folder. These unresolved folder contains not the newest changes, and still are old versions.

Why does it happen? Any comments? Thanks.

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Aug 02 '10, 12:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've never seen this. What kind of changes appears under your unresolved folder when you accept changes? source files? project files?
You should never have to restart Visual Studio to get the RTC Client to work. And it won't have anything to do with whether your code compiles or not. Did you get some conflicts when you accepted the changes? Any messages from RTC at all? Did you make some local changes to those files prior to accepting?

If you would provide some details, we'll take a look.

permanent link
jiangfan shi (7613) | answered Aug 02 '10, 6:02 p.m.
hello sreerupa,

it happened long time ago, and I did not remember what exactly happened. But if I encounter a same scenario I will take a snapshot and post it here.

Jiangfan

I've never seen this. What kind of changes appears under your unresolved folder when you accept changes? source files? project files?
You should never have to restart Visual Studio to get the RTC Client to work. And it won't have anything to do with whether your code compiles or not. Did you get some conflicts when you accepted the changes? Any messages from RTC at all? Did you make some local changes to those files prior to accepting?

If you would provide some details, we'll take a look.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.