It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moderating RTC discussion comments

Keith Mantell (4612417) | asked Jul 15 '10, 6:41 a.m.
Personally I am not a fan of changing a comment thread, but there are some occasions when a comment is inappropriate.

I can't see a way to delete such an offending discussion - have I missed something?

Cheers,
Keith

5 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 15 '10, 11:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A user that belongs to the appropriate Jazz admin group (I believe
JazzAdmins) is allowed to delete a comment from a work item.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/15/2010 7:23 AM, rschoon wrote:
Hi Keith,

As per my knowledge it is not possible to change a comment in a
discussion on a work item.

Ralph

keithmantellwrote:
Personally I am not a fan of changing a comment thread, but there are
some occasions when a comment is inappropriate.

I can't see a way to delete such an offending discussion - have I
missed something?

Cheers,
Keith

permanent link
Larry McCarthy (2102224) | answered May 19 '11, 11:01 p.m.
BTW, my comment-in-need-of-moderation is in a 2.0.0.2iFix-whatever repo.

To respond to my own post (sorry), it appears to not be possible from the Web UI; it can be done from Eclipse.

Open the WI in the WI view, right-click on the comment. If you are empowered, you'll see an "Empty Comment" option. That's the one you're after.

It leaves behind a comment body of "No comment content."

Strangely, the comment is still visible in the WI history, where it can be read by (and continue to offend) anyone with read access. The history does not mention the "Empty Comment" action. This combination should get the auditors very excited!

If I get a chance, I'll see how/if the behavior is different in 3.0 and post here.

- Larry

Comments
Gene Ratzlaff commented Jul 05 '12, 9:07 a.m.

With 3.0 it appears to be removed from the history.

permanent link
Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | answered Jul 05 '12, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is interesting to see old posts getting raised.   I believe the function is now complete (delete comment and no reference in history) in both CLM 4.0 and CLM 3.0.1.3 .   In particular see work items 195994 and 171650.

Comments
Michael Prentice commented Feb 22 '13, 5:01 p.m.

Thanks a lot. That is exactly the information that I was looking for.

Unfortunately, this still appears to be limited to the Eclipse client only? I don't see the option in the Web UI and I am a JazzAdmin.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 15 '10, 7:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Keith,

As per my knowledge it is not possible to change a comment in a discussion on a work item.

Ralph

Personally I am not a fan of changing a comment thread, but there are some occasions when a comment is inappropriate.

I can't see a way to delete such an offending discussion - have I missed something?

Cheers,
Keith

permanent link
Larry McCarthy (2102224) | answered May 19 '11, 10:32 p.m.
A user that belongs to the appropriate Jazz admin group (I believe JazzAdmins) is allowed to delete a comment from a work item.

Cheers,
Geoff

I'm with the OP, not something I make a habit of, but after several 7-day weeks, some devs may get ... impolitic

So, how? I don't see anything, via the Web UI, at least.

- Larry.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.