It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"My Work" view in RTC web client

Thomas Yu (1011199) | asked Jul 14 '10, 5:38 a.m.
hello, all,

"My Work" view in Eclipse client is handy for a developer to arrange his or her tasks.

Does RTC offer the same or comparable functionality of a "My Work" view in its web client?

This concern is on the ground that a .Net developer doesn't have to install a Eclipse client. With Visual Studio client and Web client, a developer should be able to complete his or her daily routine work, such as accepting assigned work items from inbox, arranging them to today, tomorrow and "later in this week".

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jul 19 '10, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This functionality does not currently exist in the web client, but could be developed as a dashboard viewlet or other widget designed for the dashboard component. I have opened a work item to track this request (link below), but I don't think it will be a priority for this release.

122175: New Viewlet: "My Work"

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Aug 02 '10, 12:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's out of scope for the VS Cient too, for 3.0 - it was one of the features we descoped since it didn't seem high prioirity based on customer feedback. We'll prioritize post 3.0 features based on customer requests, so please feel free to open an enhancement request with this on jazz.net.

permanent link
John Lanuti (2156) | answered Apr 20 '11, 8:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there another way a user can get a list of their open work items on a dashboard and be able to see the planned start date, planned end date from a formal project plan? The use case may be they are a part of a number of teams within one rtc project area and want an easy way to see a prioritized list of work items from a personal dashboard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.