It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Execution Records

Jerome Marrucchelli (611) | asked Jul 12 '10, 11:20 a.m.
Hello,
I am a new user in RQM and I am a bit confused on the right way to use Test Execution Record.

In my Test Plan, each "Test Case" is composed of several "Test Script" and I would like to be sure that the tester will execute each one of these scripts.

But... when I create a new "Test Execution Record" (from the "Test Case" view), the system generates only one entry with one "Test Script".

That means I have to create manually a large quantity of "Test Execution Record", this is a big job !

Does it exist a way to generate this automatically?

May be I am not using RQM correctly, if you bring me some information on the right use, I will be glad.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Regards.

2 answers

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered Jul 28 '10, 2:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I am a new user in RQM and I am a bit confused on the right way to use Test Execution Record.

In my Test Plan, each "Test Case" is composed of several "Test Script" and I would like to be sure that the tester will execute each one of these scripts.

But... when I create a new "Test Execution Record" (from the "Test Case" view), the system generates only one entry with one "Test Script".

That means I have to create manually a large quantity of "Test Execution Record", this is a big job !

Does it exist a way to generate this automatically?

May be I am not using RQM correctly, if you bring me some information on the right use, I will be glad.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Regards.

Hi,
Test Execution records could be described, in brief, as a combination of TestCase and Test Environments. These can be linked to a particular Testplan and milestone for tracking purposes.
Test Execution records can be generated in large numbers based on the test environments which you chose. If you navigate to the Test Execution records section in a TestCase, you will see 'Generate Test Execution records' If you chose multiple Test environments eg. Five Browsers it should create you five Test Execution records and so on.
Hope this helps
Vaibhav

permanent link
Jerome Marrucchelli (611) | answered Jul 29 '10, 4:52 a.m.
Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.