It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RMT2RQM migration plugin problem

Keith Drummond (1677) | asked Jun 28 '10, 11:01 a.m.
I have Rational Manual Tester installed at C:Program Files\IBM\RMT70
Rational Quality Manager is installed at C:IBM\RQM201

I follwed the instructions to install the migration plugins
1.Copy the RMTMigration.zip install package from the RQM\migration folder to a C:\temp
2.Extract the zip file to C:\temp\RMTMigration\RMT2RQM.
3.Open a command prompt and change to the rmt2rqm directory.
4.From there, run the install_tool.bat file.

The problem I keep gettingat the Command Prompt is C:\temp\RMTMigration\RMT2RQM>rem ****** "Check if RMT is installed.

So what Am i doing wrong to where it can't find RMT?

2 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 29 '10, 9:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looking at the install_tool.bat file, it looks like its trying to use a Windows environment variable called IBM_RATIONAL_RMT_INSTALL_DIR. The use of this variable in the script is not quoted. I am wondering since you installed RMT in C:\Program Files\..., the space between Program and Files is causing this to not work. Here is what you should try:

1. Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties".

2. Go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Environment Variables" button.

3. Either under "User Variables" or "System Variables" (most likely System I think), find the entry for IBM_RATIONAL_RMT_INSTALL_DIR.

4. In the variable value, put double quotes around the entire string. It should look like the following: "C:\Program Files\IBM\RMT70"

5. Open up a new command prompt and re-run the install_tool.bat file.

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

permanent link
Yun Li (1154) | answered Jun 29 '10, 11:11 p.m.
In some of our test cases, there is inner tables in another table. Under this condition, the exported XML has defect. Is there anyone know how to resolve it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.