It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change taskboard view to use effort remaining

James Leone (13613513) | asked Jun 18 '10, 8:25 p.m.
In the "Developer Taskboard" I can easily update work items with the amount of time I have spent on a work item. There is a small clock icon that has a drop down. I notice that when I select a value (say "4 hours") the estimated time remaining for that tasks is automatically reduced by 4 hours.

Is there anyway to revert the task board so that time drop down represents not time spent working on a task, but estimated effort remaining to complete the task?

Being able to edit the outstanding effort of work item directly in the task board (without opening up the inline editor) is very helpful from a clickability perspective.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 21 '10, 2:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can switch to time remaining in the process configuration for the project. However, the time remaining is calculated and discussions here indicate the experience is less intuitive than using time spent.

There are work items to implement better support in 3.0 e.g. http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=87853

Ralph

In the "Developer Taskboard" I can easily update work items with the amount of time I have spent on a work item. There is a small clock icon that has a drop down. I notice that when I select a value (say "4 hours") the estimated time remaining for that tasks is automatically reduced by 4 hours.

Is there anyway to revert the task board so that time drop down represents not time spent working on a task, but estimated effort remaining to complete the task?

Being able to edit the outstanding effort of work item directly in the task board (without opening up the inline editor) is very helpful from a clickability perspective.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.