It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issues with teamFetch command

Sudharsan Gopal (9697) | asked Jun 13 '10, 4:51 p.m.
My RTC Repository looks like this. Please note that the directories and the files are in the same level

-Dir:1
-Dir:2
-Dir:3
-Dir:n
-file:1
-file:2
-file:n

I am trying to fetch the entire repository contents from my buildforge project. I have got 2 questions on this.

1) How can fetch a particular directory alone than the whole of the repository?

2) I am able to fetch the entire set of directories(dir:1,di:r2..dir: n); but NOT able to fetch the files(1,2..n), though they all are in the same level. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in anticipation.

7 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 16 '10, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the files are at the root of the component (which it sounds like), then this is a known defect:
SourceControlUtility doesn't load top-level files (102186).

Please see comment 9 for a workaround using load rules.
Load rules can also be used to address their other issue, of loading only particular directories.

Unfortunately, the teamFetch Ant task does not currently support load rules, just JBE. This is covered by:
teamFetch task should support load rules (118150).

If you're using the teamFetch task instead of JBE to do the load, a workaround is to use the SCM CLI, which does support load rules.
Please see http://jazz.net/library/article/192#CLI

permanent link
Sudharsan Gopal (9697) | answered Jun 17 '10, 3:13 a.m.
I have tried the SCM CLI and able to fetch the files at the root of the component. Thanks for the tip.

My other requirement is to fetch a particular directory alone which is part of a component.

My component -> Test

A sub-directory within that component -> Helloworld

Command I am trying -> scm load "xxx Test Workspace" --dir c:\sudTest --repository-uri https://localhost:9443/jazz -u Username --password PWD "Test"\Helloworld

Error message I am getting ->
Problem running 'load':
Unmatched selector encountered when finding remote load roots.

I know, I have messed up the loadrules.

Someone, pls help to fix this.

If the files are at the root of the component (which it sounds like), then this is a known defect:
SourceControlUtility doesn't load top-level files (102186).

Please see comment 9 for a workaround using load rules.
Load rules can also be used to address their other issue, of loading only particular directories.

Unfortunately, the teamFetch Ant task does not currently support load rules, just JBE. This is covered by:
teamFetch task should support load rules (118150).

If you're using the teamFetch task instead of JBE to do the load, a workaround is to use the SCM CLI, which does support load rules.
Please see http://jazz.net/library/article/192#CLI

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 17 '10, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For the first problem, note that that defect was fixed in 2.0.0.2 iFix 3 (see 113853: Backport item 102186 to 2.0.0.x). You can use that version of the build toolkit against any 2.0.0.2 server.

For the second problem, of loading things selectively, I don't see the -L or -R arguments that would specify the load rules file (for details try: scm help load).

But in any case, it may be easier to just specify the files/folders to load, using separate invocations of the SCM CLI. I think the problem in your example is that you're using a backslash (between "Test" and Helloworld) so it's looking for a component named "Test\Helloworld".

I tried the following:
scm load -r {jazz repo} -u nedgar -t tmp "Build Workspace (MBP)" "Build/com.ibm.team.build.client"

which loaded the contents of the Build component's com.ibm.team.build.client project under the tmp directory (to tmp/com.ibm.team.build.client).

permanent link
Sudharsan Gopal (9697) | answered Jun 17 '10, 10:45 a.m.
I figured out the selective loading using the loadrules. It works now. It would be good,if the SCM CLI manual is exhaustive.

Thanks for your help.

For the first problem, note that that defect was fixed in 2.0.0.2 iFix 3 (see 113853: Backport item 102186 to 2.0.0.x). You can use that version of the build toolkit against any 2.0.0.2 server.

For the second problem, of loading things selectively, I don't see the -L or -R arguments that would specify the load rules file (for details try: scm help load).

But in any case, it may be easier to just specify the files/folders to load, using separate invocations of the SCM CLI. I think the problem in your example is that you're using a backslash (between "Test" and Helloworld) so it's looking for a component named "Test\Helloworld".

I tried the following:
scm load -r {jazz repo} -u nedgar -t tmp "Build Workspace (MBP)" "Build/com.ibm.team.build.client"

which loaded the contents of the Build component's com.ibm.team.build.client project under the tmp directory (to tmp/com.ibm.team.build.client).

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 17 '10, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you say "SCM CLI Manual" what are you referring to? The article linked above, or the doc on the SCM CLI in the Eclipse client help?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 17 '10, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Sudharsan Gopal (9697) | answered Jun 18 '10, 5:08 a.m.
Oh.I did refer the help available within eclipse client as well as within the RTC Infocenter portal.

When you say "SCM CLI Manual" what are you referring to? The article linked above, or the doc on the SCM CLI in the Eclipse client help?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.