It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS interaction with RQM and vice versa

Bernd Durchgraf (111) | asked Jun 10 '10, 11:52 a.m.
Hello all, I am lost somehow ... in between DOORS and RQM.

I successfully connected DOORS and RQM via the RQMI Interface.
It does work, I can export requirements to RQM and do see my requirements inside RQM. I can also do a traceability report.

But: My requirements looks ok/good in DOORS. I can add custom attributes and can structure the requirements. I can sort them, can add new ones in between etc.

But when they are exported to RQM I can only see the standard set of information. No custom attributes are exported to RQM even if I can see them in the export view in DOORS. I also loose all the sorting and structure I have in DOORS. All the information looks flat, unsorted and unclear with a fixed scheme of IDs and always the same module name as a suffix.

I even generated test cases from the requirements, added some test procedures (scripts) and executed them.

This works somehow but even when I run a traceability report in DOORS the only information I get from RQM is the name of the associated test case.

I want to get an idea how to see my results in DOORS. How to see my custom attributes in RQM and vice versa?

Hopefully, there is someone who can enlighten me a little bit or there is somewhere more information about how to find all the killer features of powerful and mind-blowing interaction between these tools.

At the moment, the functionality looks very limit and very basic to me. Is it simply like that or do I simply need to press the right buttons?
Best regards.

One answer

permanent link
Hazel Woodcock (111) | answered Jun 15 '10, 6:00 a.m.
Bernd,

The functionality is quite basic, but I think there is more than you have found :)

Your custom DOORS attributes are not transferred to RQM, neither is your DOORS structure. You can filter your DOORS module and save as many views as you like, each view can then be exported to a different RQM Test Plan.

Careful use of multiple test plans will give you a workable solution for handling large numbers of requirements. Bear in mind that DOORS is your requirements management environment. In RQM you are typically focusing on smaller sets of requirements and ensuring that you have test coverage; in other words you are consuming the requirements in RQM.

From DOORS you can see the Test Plan and Test cases where a requirement is used from the Traceability Report. You can also see the test results (pass, fail, blocked, etc.) and test status (draft, approved etc.) by running the Test Report. These test results and statuses are rolled up to heading objects in DOORS if those heading objects were included in the exported view.

hth,

Hazel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.