It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sync rules

David DOughty (7193) | asked Jun 08 '10, 10:57 a.m.
we have an app which processes email and creates work items.

Given that I know little about how it actually works, or in most cases doesnt. We have sync rules, which are used to create the work items.

We have somewhere in the regon of 6000 items with incoming errors, I can stop the sync on these items, what exactly does this do? I really dont want these anywhere, and ideally would like to remove them from the system. Is there anyway to get these items out of the system?

One answer

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 08 '10, 1:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm assuming you created an item synchronizer (connector) based on the Item Synchronizer (Connector) framework. Each work item which has been synchronized from some external object is associated with an "external proxy" item that represents the link between the work item and the external object, and the most recent synchronization status (including any errors that may have occurred). The Synchronization Status view queries for those external proxy items whose synchronization status is not "OK". The "Stop Synchronizing" context menu operation simply deletes the selected external proxy items, breaking the link and deleting all the synchronization status information. So if that's what you want to do, then "Stop Synchronizing" should do it for you.

we have an app which processes email and creates work items.

Given that I know little about how it actually works, or in most cases doesnt. We have sync rules, which are used to create the work items.

We have somewhere in the regon of 6000 items with incoming errors, I can stop the sync on these items, what exactly does this do? I really dont want these anywhere, and ideally would like to remove them from the system. Is there anyway to get these items out of the system?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.