It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command line scripts for work items

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Jan 09 '19, 5:15 p.m.
edited Jan 10 '19, 2:53 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Need a script that is used to get the WI details such as Summary, Filed Against, etc which is used by our scripts.  What do I need to download?  Where do I point the cmd line prompt? Is there a document to shows examples of such a script? 

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 10 '19, 3:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 17 '19, 2:56 a.m.

As far as I know, such scripts do not exist. The RTC SCM command line has some commands related to work items and change sets. 

The work item command line comes closest but does not yet have an option to just export one work item. This would have to be added. I never had the time, unfortunately.  

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 17 '19, 2:51 a.m. | edited Jan 17 '19, 4:30 a.m.

I always wanted to have something like this and found an opportunity to put it into the Work Item Command Line.

-printworkitem
    repository="value" 
    user="value" 
    password="value" 
    id="value"
    /allColumns 
    /asrtceclipse 
    /attributeNamesAsIDs  
/ignoreErrors /suppressAttributeExceptions /ignoreErrors [attachmentFolder="C:\temp\export"] [timestampFormat="MMM d, yyyy hh:mm a"] [columns="Type,Id,Planned For,Filed Against,Description,Found In"]

I will try to blog about it on https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/ as soon as I can. The latest code in the repository does it. It needs a latest opencsv library and a library commons-lang3-3.1.jar in the lib folder to support the CSV export and import feature.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 17 '19, 4:22 a.m. | edited Jan 17 '19, 4:25 a.m.

https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line/releases/tag/WCL_4.3  

Open CSV and commons-lang are only needed for CSV export and -import. 
WCL 4.3 is for RTC 6.5 and later. For older versions the CSV export and import might not work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.