It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTCz have audit log ?

Naoto Miura (4685) | asked May 25 '10, 12:33 a.m.
My colleague was asked if there is a audit log which records who what how access the RTCz resource, such as components , project area, source code.
There is the jazz.log. According to the help, all errors and main events RTCz Users execute are recorded.
But I was not able to see what user access what resource in in the jazz.log.

Is this from log level ?
Can anyone tell me the way of changing log level of jazz.log ?

I'm expecting jazz.log show information like z/OS RACF producing.

One answer

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered May 26 '10, 2:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe there is any logging at the read level available. There is a degree of logging on various jazz objects but not down to the read level. For example on any work item there is the history log and you can see who has modified the work item and how. But not who has read it. For SCM artifacts there is a change set for every change delivered show who and what. You can see the history of an SCM artifact. But again, not who has read it.
I do not believe there is a way to see change history on something like a Project Area or Team Area or Streams and Workspaces. But these are normally locked down by process to a select few.
There is definitely no framework for RACF to write to the Jazz log and really all RACF is doing is allowing access to the server. Once a user has access to the server, what they do is beyond RACF control and is down to jazz process control.

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.